Inspirational quotes about culture and life from innovative artists
My favorite thing is to go where I’ve never been.
— Diane Arbus, American writer and photographer
I work for the pleasure, for the pleasure of the work,
and everything else is a matter for the critics
— Manuel Álvarez Bravo, Mexican artist and father of modern photography
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
– Maya Angelou, American poet, author and civil rights activist
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many
things which escape those who dream only by night
– Edgar Allan Poe, American author, poet and father of the short story
Only when love and need are one
And the work is play, for mortal stakes
Is the deed ever really done
For heaven and the future’s sakes
– Robert Frost, American poet
Exposure to art affects everything, however directly or indirectly, because art changes the way we live, the way we see, the way we think, and how we relate to others. For these reasons, art should be like air–available to everybody.
– Silvia Karman Cubiñá, Executive Director […]
The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.
The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.
– Albert Einstein, German theoretical physicist and humanitarian
The place in which I’ll fit will not exist until I make it.
– James Baldwin, American playwright, poet, novelist and social activist
A writer is a world trapped in a person.
– Victor Hugo, French poet, playwright and novelist