I did something rather odd last Tuesday. On the night of my country’s Presidential election, I went to the movies. I don’t have a TV, and even if I did, spending the evening waiting for election results felt … unnecessary. What makes this behavior […]
Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God. It is so extraordinarily full of magic,
and in tough times of my life, I can listen to music and it makes such a difference.
— Kurt Vonnegut, American author, artist and activist
As I […]
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
– Maya Angelou, American poet, author and civil rights activist
The latter half of 2015 saw me running hither and yon to make a major life change and acclimate myself to a new job, a new city and a new routine. So even though the shift didn’t quell my hunger for arts & culture, I […]
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many
things which escape those who dream only by night
– Edgar Allan Poe, American author, poet and father of the short story
Only when love and need are one
And the work is play, for mortal stakes
Is the deed ever really done
For heaven and the future’s sakes
– Robert Frost, American poet
The place in which I’ll fit will not exist until I make it.
– James Baldwin, American playwright, poet, novelist and social activist
A writer is a world trapped in a person.
– Victor Hugo, French poet, playwright and novelist